Thursday, October 01, 2009

My very first layout - Opposites according to Jared

Thanks so much for your lovely comments, especially sharing your views on 'frog in the well'. I really enjoyed reading every one of your comments and appreciate all the wisdom and views shared! So much food for thought for dh and I as we continue on this journey of parenting. Even dh sat down and read through all your comments (he rarely does that) :)

While I was going through my harddrive to find older favorite layouts to dress up the blog, I came across this - my very first digital layout, using photoshop 5, with no digital supplies. It captured Jared's so cute and amazing words at age 6, isn't it precious! This is the reason we must keep recording and scrapping! I'm reminded to care less about perfect layouts, and go for the story! (Click on the image to enlarge and read the journaling)

6 comments:

  1. Oh.my.goodness. What a cutie! I've been thinking a lot about the 'frog in the well' post. My kids are homeschooled, so we don't have to deal with the cell phone issue. But, we do have a Wii, and my older two each have a Nintendo DSi. I use this technology to motivate my kids to complete their school work and chores. The house rule is that there are NO ELECTRONICS until the work is done. (including the TV)

    Another positive is the gaming devices seem to be helpful in the whole male bonding thing with my son's friends.

    My son and daughter have to pay for their gaming hobby. If they want a new game, and we approve of this game, they have to save their money to buy it. Here's a link on a Christian site that reviews the latest video games :

    http://www.pluggedin.com/games.aspx

    After saying all of this..you know your child better than anyone, and God promises wisdom to all who ask for it.

    On a lighter note...

    **YAY for you and DigiFiles 8! I was so excited to see your name on the sponsor list this month!**

    Happy October!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the layout and Jared's
    "opposites." What a wonderful treasure and memory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely LO, and fantastic that you've done it without any "scrapping" stuff. =) The most important are pictures and journaling!

    You asked if you could show my LO's, and of course can you do that! I think it is so much fun to see different takes on templates, and I'm happy to contribute to that if you want to show them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is such a doll. And what a great layout. I have been so bad about keeping up with everything lately. :( But is always wonderful to drop in and see what you have been up to. Love the new look on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Easily I assent to but I contemplate the collection should secure more info then it has.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...