Friday, August 08, 2008

A grand weekend!

It's a grand long weekend for us, we celebrate our nation's 43rd year of Independence (yes, we're young!) tomorrow, tonight the Olympics starts, and the boys have two birthday parties to go to, and we an old freinds' get together BBQ.. phew!

Weekends are so precious. Recently dh and I have been recalling how when we first got married, we were working so hard at our young careers, that weekends were all we had time for each other. One day back then we calculated how many weekends we'd have, if we lived to a certain age, and were shocked to find it was only about 2,500 weekends!! And now we only have 1,700 or so to go!! Besides worship at church and visiting my mom every sunday, at one stage we used to bring the boys out somewhere different every weekend, at another we had a schedule of speech & drama and Mosaic classes, hhmm... now we are basically doing the library and piano class routine... still, as long as it is family time, I guess it's time well-spent. How do you spend your weekends? May we all spend them thoughtfully. :)

Finally got the layouts done. Was not 100% pleased with them, but Im stopping myself from being too perfectionist, and focus on scrapping and recording memories. I still have Orlando pictures to go! And then I would have spent the entire year just scrapping last year's trip!!! Urgh! I'm glad I did the Everydaylife album (by Ali Edwards) starring our everyday life circa 2008, that covered a lot of ground quickly!

Here's all our night shots in NY, I had great fun putting the fun, whimsical touch to this!Credits:Skyline by IKDesigns, everything else from "Paint the sky with stars" kit by Lazy Kitty, loved it!


And this is us at the Natural History Museum.. i'm trying out a 'straight' style, hehe, I'm actually a linear and minimalist girl at heart, though I have recently been having lots of fun with 'skewed' photo layouts. :)
Credits: Green paper by AndreaDesigns, Brown paper by CorinaNielson, flower petal by HeatherAnne Designs.



As usual, the templates for these layouts are available in the store here Thanks for looking!

And finally, here we are at the top of the world....


Credits: Journaling tag by RetroDiva, Foil Stars by DaniMogstad, and gold pewter alphas by DirtyFeetsDesigns.

Oh, and HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND EVERYONE!!!
This template will be available in the store soon

22 comments:

  1. I love template 53, thank you so much for this! I'm going to use it right away. I'll leave you a comment as soon as I've posted it on my blog. also, I LOVE your layout with this template. Exquisite photos! Very powerful with the incredible landscape view photo as the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the great template! I'm all caught up with my scrapping (well, up to 2005, ha ha). This will definitely help me work on 2006 and up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness!!! The on top of the world layout is absolutely gorgeous!! Wow!! Thank you for the template, it is great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Just popped over from suzee qs Fantastic template I stuggle with many photos! love your LOs of NY they are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your layouts are spectacular. Thank you for sharing the free template. It's fabulous. Have a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. TQ for the great template. I am from Singapore too. Have a great weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much! I love your layouts and your MY lights one is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Yin, I love those NY LOs. I have been using your templates for my camp LOs. Honestly, I love the background. It is perfect for camp pictures!! Here is one I just finished, it is two temps merged into one and turned 4x6.

    http://www.digishoptalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=397326&cat=500

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for another wonderful template. Your LOs are always so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 09 Aug [LA 01:43am, NY 03:43am, UK 08:43am, OZ 06:43pm] ).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Those layouts are fantastic!! Thanks for the awesome template.

    ReplyDelete
  12. #53 is so cool. I've been wanting to enlarge one photo as back ground + I'm going to try it with this!

    Thank you!

    *I had to give you your own folder -
    THATS how much I love your designs!

    I don't Blogger + don't want to anonymous so,

    Sincerely,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you once again for a fabulous 2-page template, but thank you just as much for sharing your fantastic layouts! They're so inspiring! And happy independence day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yin, I just love your templates. I have used them in several pages, and just posted 2 of them on my blog. You can check them out here.
    http://danandchrystal.blogspot.com

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love love your templates!!!
    and I just used number 53 for a layout... ;)

    http://nachtsternchen.blogspot.com/2008/08/54th-birthday.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks so much for the GREAT template. I love them. I posted a LO I did with it over at ES.
    http://www.elementalscraps.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/59263/cat/748/ppuser/751

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just found your blog through Ikeagoddess - love, love, love your multi-photo templates! What a find for someone who uses as many photos as possible on my layouts! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your templates are amazing. I do have one question. I like to change the Mat colours, but can't do it with your templates as the drop shadow then turns to the colour I have selected. Is there anyway to remedy this? Looking forward to seeing more templates

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the colors and hand drawn elements on your NY Nights LO! Thanks for the wonderful template.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you so much for the template and I loved your photo on top of the building with all the buildings and lights.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for yet another great template!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your style so much! Thanks for sharing all these wonderful templates!!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...