Saturday, June 28, 2008

Lots of Layouts!

Shutterfly gave me a push this week with a 'free' 20 page book offer, did you get it? Well, I have 15 pages already done, and rushed to make another 5 pages all in 2 days! I'm happy to catch up on my non-US trip layouts, enjoyed making these, so much fun to do more light-hearted layouts for a change.
Here's us at our newly renovated local Museum and this was a wall for trying your hand at 'installation art' - cups, spoons, the boys had lots of fun!
Credits: Background paper, staple and stitching from Ksharonk’s Juicy Bonus, doodled stickers and word art line doodle, and word arts by Emily Powers

Same day at the Museum, the Greek Masterpieces exhibition, dh was mesmorised, the boys disappeared quickly, after comments and giggling about 'nude statues', and dh had a chance to explain and show me the beauty before us.
Credits: Background papers from Callypso Papers by BabyCakeScraps, and from Memory maker by VeraLim. Cardboard rip template by Michelin Martin, staple by Ksharonk, (I can’t recall where the journaling tag is from, will come back and add it in when I figure it out, sorry!)

Here's a story I wanted to do for a while, and finally did about this dresser or chest of drawers that has been with me for twenty years, it's from Ikea, by the way, if you're reading this, Angie! If you look closely at the heavily pregnant me, the left arm was in a cast from my fall I told you about. :P Here's the journalling: This dresser was mine since I was in my teens. I remember it was from Ikea and I got it because I’d wanted somewhere to keep my stuff and write letters and such. When I married it came with us and when we were expecting Ryan we sponged the teddy bears and rocking horse onto it. we loved it. Over the years Ryan used it and it started falling apart. We hung onto it bec it was so hard to let it go! Last week, I saw renovators at our neighbours and went and asked if they could make a new base for the drawers. The young man was great and promised to come back in 3 days. I then took a nap and to my horror, woke to see someone in my room. It was a good thing I did not scream out loud, for Ryan had let the man in to fix his dresser! Well, all’s well and our dresser looks almost as good as new! Of all the painting and sponging we did in our first home, this is the only piece that came with us, and that’s how sentimental we are, and I like it that way!
Credits: heart charm by Sherry Drummond Designs, doodled swirl by Cinnamon Designs, scalloped papers by Favreau Design, background paper by AnnaAspen, boxed word by Chantal, alpha from Lauren Reid’s Hot News No 3.

Now this one is hilarious. Journalling goes: Gim bought me the doll house which I so wanted a year after we were married. We started work on it on evenings. He helped with the building, and I worked on the furnishings, sewing bedspreads, cushions, and it was coming together! Then we got pregnant and when Ryan was born, the dollhouse was stored away. This year, we were packing and showed it to the kids. Ryan exclaimed ‘Ancient Relic’! And begged to have it for the headquarters of his Exoforce army. The rest as they say, is history. How they take over our lives...
Credits : Alpha by HeatherAnn Designs, font is Aquiline and courier, Papers from Color Voltage by Favreau design

All of these templates are available in the store here

Finally, my favourite photos from our day at the museum, what precious sights of the closeness they share ... makes any mom's day, definitely this one.
Credits: Tag from HeatherAnn Designs’ Flea Market, word art and jeans star from Miss Mint’s Wild Weekend, background paper from Michelle Colemans’ Hullabaloo, and from Weeds & Wildflowers’ My Favorite Things, ribbons and buttons by Designs by Krista.

Here's the template for you!

This template will be available in the store soon
It's late and I'm hardly awake, will come back tomorrow and put in the credits for my layouts, as well as answer the questions and comments I've had, thanks so much to all of you especially for your replies to my last post about how you print the double pages, it's wonderful to hear from you, thank you!!

34 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for a great template!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute layout- looking forward to using it. Thanks so much for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJune 28, 2008

    Fabulous template - thanks so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the layout. I love your blog and your style. I find some great inspiration in your work. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea and journaling of your just hanging out layout - beautiful. Thank you for the template.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous layouts!

    I wanted a big dollhouse when I was a kid but never got one. One of the hobbies that my boyfriend and I would take up someday (or maybe even when we're old and retired, haha) would be miniatures - just like playing dollhouses!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great layouts and journaling, I usually don't spend enough time journaling. Thanks for the template!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great layouts and journaling, I usually don't spend enough time journaling. Thanks for the template!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the template.

    I enjoyed the pages that you've completed, and I enjoyed reading about your treasured dresser.

    ReplyDelete
  10. AnonymousJune 28, 2008

    Hey there,

    I also got that email, and I made my own pages and used the "Print Your Own Digital Scrapbook Option." When I went to order, they charged me, and said that "Print Your Own . . ." is considered a premium book (in the catgeory of premium and licensed books) and doesn't count for that free offer. (Check your offer, you may have different stipulations.)

    To make this work, I think you can use one of their pre-designed covers, and choose the one-picture-per-page layout, then upload your JPEG as that one picture.

    I'm sorry if you already knew this, but I was irritated that I spent hours on the layouts and then had to call. They "fixed" it for me, but it's good to know that that making my own book is considered premium, and might be excluded from these incentive offers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. AnonymousJune 28, 2008

    Thanks so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. AnonymousJune 28, 2008

    Thank you for the great template Yin!

    ReplyDelete
  13. thank you for the great template!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really enjoyed looking through your completed pages, and what a bonus getting the free book deal.

    Thanks for the freebie and the innovative journalling onto the photo is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 29 Jun [LA 12:52am, NY 02:52am, UK 07:52am, OZ 05:52pm]).

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the template! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  17. AnonymousJune 29, 2008

    Ooooops. Almost forgot to say thanks. An i LOVE your templates and LO's you make with them.
    So.... T H A N K you very much :-D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yin, Thanks so much for another fantastic template. I too had an offer for a free Shutterfly book and used several of your templates. Thanks again for enhancing my scrapping!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks so much! I love all your layouts and your template is wonderful. I love working with them! I have several layouts that I've used them on that I need to get into my gallery and then I'll link you to them. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yin I love all of your templates and I will download them from whereever you place tham! they are soooooo cute and extremely useful!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. It was so delightful to hear the stories behind the layouts, which are goregous. Thank you for the new template :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. AnonymousJune 30, 2008

    Thanks for the templates. Just discovered your blog. Had to tell you that your favorite quote - Helen Keller is one of mine as well. I have a distressed frame with the quote "written" around it. I think you can find it by googling Magnolia Lane frames. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  23. AnonymousJuly 01, 2008

    Thanks so much for the Lo. Really like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  24. AnonymousJuly 01, 2008

    Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. AnonymousJuly 01, 2008

    I just found your site through Amy W's Scrap-A-Lot. I just wanted to say your layouts are outstanding. I don't think I could ever be as good even with the help of your wonderful templates. Thanks so much for sharing.

    marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  26. AnonymousJuly 02, 2008

    Thank so much for all those wonderful templates. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  27. AnonymousJuly 03, 2008

    THX for the lovely template - from Reni!

    ReplyDelete
  28. AnonymousJuly 04, 2008

    Thank you very much for this template. It's great. I used to make one page about clippers in Rouen in France at the moment. Thanks a lot

    ReplyDelete
  29. thanks for your templates! I am so happy to see multiple photos in a LO! I take so many photos of my kids just doing every day things - these are perfect for capturing those moments in scrapbooking!! thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks for sharing.
    I love your templates

    ReplyDelete
  31. AnonymousJuly 10, 2008

    Thanks so much for another awesome template!

    Also, your National Gallery of Art layout is STUNNING!! Everything you used was perfect for it! I love a lot of the paintings that you got to see. I need to go there someday!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thank so much for this wonderful templates.

    ReplyDelete
  33. AnonymousJuly 22, 2008

    Awesome Template, thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...