Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Having Children

Having children

I have been reading the magazine "MORE" and enjoying myself! The magazine's tagline is "Smart talk for smart women" but basically it's for women over forty, and I was surprised to find that I enjoy reading it very much! It's both humbling and liberating to find in the mag lots of women who are my age and much older who are doing so much wonderful exciting things with their lives!! Yippee! I'm really feeling great about being my age right now and find so much to be thankful for, I'm so blessed to be feeling this way. Thank you God!


Actually today my thoughts are on having children, inspired by these words by Karen Day, extracted from MORE mag Jul/Aug issue:

To love a child or anything this much is both courageous and ridiculous. Dread steals your breath away, then hope swells you drunk with gratitude. Everyday is a bungee jump. The intensity either kills you or saves your life on a daily basis. But on we go, having and loving our kids like there is no nuclear tomorrow. And what choice do we have?

What eloquent words! We can't help ourselves, can we? Almost everyday I swing north and south with my children.. they take so much out of me and also gives so much back! Thank you God for letting me be a mom and partake everything (the joys, worries, love, anguish, blessing) that comes with it.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely post. Thank you Yin for sharing your thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...